This was a settlement in Nelson Township, Halton County located in the south-west corner at the Jones Base Line junction with Burlington Bay. In 1810 James Gage laid out a village he called Wellington Square on 300 acres of land he had purchased from Catherine Brant (née Croghan), widow of Joseph. ‘Wellington’ was for the Duke of Wellington, and ‘Square’ on account of the square shape of the survey. This settlement was also referred to as Brant’s Block. In 1873, Wellington Square and Port Nelson were amalgamated to form the town of Burlington.
The village of Wellington is located in Hilliard Township, Prince Edward County, Eastern Ontario. The village was originally named Smokeville, but when the post office was established in 1830, it was renamed Wellington. The village was incorporated in 1862.
Ontario County (Canada)
The original Ontario County existed from 1792 to 1800 as part of the Eastern District, and consisted of the islands in the St. Lawrence River. After 1800, Ontario County was dissolved and the islands were reassigned to the nearest mainland counties. The second Ontario County was created in 1852 from the East Riding of York County. It was replaced by Regional Municipality of Durham effective January 1, 1974.
Ontario County (New York)
Ontario County is also a county in the state of New York, in the United States, founded in 1789, and named for Lake Ontario. Ontario County is part of the Rochester, New York, Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Ontario (New York)
As well as being a province in Canada, there is a town in the northwest corner of Wayne County, New York in the U.S. called Ontario. The town of Ontario was created in 1807 as the “Town of Freetown” from a part of the town of Williamson. Soon after, the name was changed to Ontario. Part of Ontario was used to form the town of Walworth in 1829.
Ontario is a city located in southwestern San Bernardino County, California, United States, 35 miles (56 km) east of downtown Los Angeles.
Guelph (North Dakota)
Guelph, North Dakota is an unincorporated community located in Dickey County in southeastern North Dakota. Founded in 1886 as a station for the Great Northern Railway,