Harriston Historical Society
If your roots go back to Harriston and Minto Township, you will want to check out the Harriston Historical Society website. They have some great images of the old buildings in Harriston on their site.
Their collection includes:
- many local family histories in book form
- house and building histories through the local heritage marker program
- newspaper and memorabilia items on some of our past residents/pioneers
- up to date cemetery records
- ancestry.com website access for researchers
The Society is housed in the John Webb room of the Harriston Library and is open on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., or by appointment. Call any executive member for arrangements. Details may be found on their website.