Membership to the Ontario Ancestors and any of its branches or special interest groups is on a yearly subscription basis. A subscription lasts for one calendar year from the date of joining or renewing.
When you join the Wellington County Branch you enjoy:
- Eight meetings per year designed with programs and/or speakers that will benefit you as you research and create your family history – one meeting usually includes a special trip to a facility with genealogical significance
- Subscription to our newsletter “Traces & Tracks”
- Access to our secured Member’s Corner site where you can find:
- Resources and a workshop recording about Genetic Genealogy (DNA)
- Access to Getting Started on Your Family History: A Case Study, a book by William (Bill) G. McKinnie
- The branch media centre with copies of presentations, meeting summaries and handouts from our meetings and special presentations
- Searchable index to approximately 20,000 birth, over 10,000 marriage and almost 40,000 death records (with more records on the way).
- Surname Research Index – a listing of the surnames being researched by our members (coming soon)
- Current and past issues of our newsletter Traces & Tracks
- Waterloo-Wellington Branch Notes from 1972 to 1992 including the corresponding name and subject indexes
- Access to Wellington County OGS Branch Council minutes
- Members with experience and interests in family history eager to answer questions and share ideas and knowledge
- Access to the Branch reference collection housed at the Guelph Public Library including cemetery transcriptions, publications, BMD indexes, family histories, maps, etc.
- Special attention to data about residents who left “traces” or “tracks” within the City of Guelph or the former townships of Arthur, Erin, Eramosa, Guelph, Maryborough, Minto, Nichol, Peel, Pilkington, Puslinch, West Garafraxa, West Luther, and the towns and villages located within them
- Opportunities to encourage research in family history and genealogy by participating in branch activities including workshops and other Wellington County heritage events
- Volunteer opportunities that can be done in the comfort of your home, or that can get you out and about
To become a member of the Wellington County Branch, you must first be a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society. OGS Individual membership is $63.00 per year; Wellington County Branch membership is $15.00 per year.
Learn more here about the Ontario Genealogical Society and the benefits of membership. To become a member, register here or press the “Join” button on their home page.