Membership to the Society is on a yearly basis from January to December. Any applications received after November 1st will run from the date of the application to December 31st of the following year.
When you join the Wellington County Branch you enjoy:
- Eight meetings per year designed with programs and/or speakers that will benefit you as you research and create your family history – one meeting usually includes a special trip to a facility with genealogical significance
- Subscription to our newsletter “Traces & Tracks”
- A copy of Getting Started on Your Family History: A Case Study
- Access to the Members Only site where you can find:
- Current and past issues of our newsletter Traces & Tracks
- Branch Notes – newsletter of the former Wellington-Waterloo Branch (1972-2000)
- Name Indexes to Branch Notes
- Newspaper BMD Index
- Videos, recordings or handouts from our monthly meetings (coming soon)
- Surname Index – a listing of the surnames being researched by our members (coming soon)
- Member Contact Information (coming soon)
- Members with experience and interests in family history eager to answer questions and share ideas and knowledge
- Access to the Branch reference collection housed at the Guelph Public Library including cemetery transcriptions, publications, BMD indexes, family histories, maps, etc.
- Special attention to data about residents who left “traces” or “tracks” within the City of Guelph or the former townships of Arthur, Erin, Eramosa, Guelph, Maryborough, Minto, Nichol, Peel, Pilkington, Puslinch, West Garafraxa, West Luther, and the towns and villages located within them
- Opportunities to encourage research in family history and genealogy by participating in branch activities including workshops and other Wellington County heritage events
- Volunteer opportunities that can be done in the comfort of your home, or that can get you out and about
To become a member of the Wellington County Branch, you must first be a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society. OGS Individual membership is $63.00 per year; Wellington County Branch membership is $12.00 per year.
Learn more here about the Ontario Genealogical Society and the benefits of membership. To become a member, select the “Join Us” item on the menu.